Merlin has worked with Scottish mill Halley Stevensons, who famously produce the silk wax cotton fabric used in other Merlin garments, as well as Belstaff and Barbour, to create a unique technical sub range within the Merlin Heritage range.
This new fabric Cotec has a soft, slightly oily/damp handle with a modern matt appearance. The cloth maintains a clean, uniform appearance. This unique fabric is a modern interpretation of traditional silk wax, with better breathability, ease of use in the long term and critically better safety performance. Given all this it is even more amazing that the fabric has a finished 8oz weight in contrast to the traditional silkwax which has a finished weight of 12oz.
These new Cotec garments also come with the newly licensed to Merlin, D30 impact protectors pre-fitted to shoulders and elbows. Merlin has chosen the latest LP1 D30 armour which has a highly ventilated construction, CE level 1 certification inclusive of the optional high and low temperature tests as well as the signature D30 flexibility that hardens on impact.
- Halley Stevensons 8oz Cotec fabric
- D30 shoulder and elbow protectors pre-fitted (CE compliance to EN1621-1:2012)
- Reissa Active waterproof/breathable membrane
- Marton Mills Scottish tartan panels
- Removable Outlast climate control lining
- Fixed cotton lining
- Pocket for back protector (D30 bought separately)
- Four patch pockets closed by flap and stud
- Inside facing jet pocket
- Off set rear glove storage pocket
- Internal storage pockets
- Ventilation to both front and rear
- Side entry hand warmer pockets
- Diamond stitched overlay details
- Internal draw cord hem waist adjustment
- Jacket to jean connecting zipper